S01 E01: You offer forensics and you don't have a CSI room?
April 2nd, 2020
38 mins 42 secs
About this Episode
*A variety of topics are covered in this episode. *
- Candor on the Infosec industry.
- VC Trends & Startup trends.
- Tools vs. Process.
- Brian Dykstra, shares some of the high's and low's after doing forensics for the last 24 years.
- If you don't have a CSI room while doing forensics, you are totally lame.
- Hotness with getting 500g/sec on forensic image acquisition.
- Evaluating Sandbox technologies in use. What is hot or not. ThreatGrid, Joe's Sandbox, or bare metal.
Dan's Inbox review:
- Casemanagement vs. Target centric analysis.
- Alternatives to Maltego, pros/cons. Tools mentioned Kaseware, Kivutech, Datawalk, i2, etc.
- Vc's falling into "Platform" trap, versus understanding data sales market.